JAGDA international student poster award 2021
From 01.05.2021 to 31.07.2021 CompetitionJapan
ICoD is pleased to announce the Member Event the JAGDA International Student Poster Award 2021 organised by Japan Graphic Designers Association Inc. (JAGDA).
The JAGDA International Student Poster Award is a B1 size poster competition, aimed to discover and acknowledge outstanding young talents from across the world and to promote the further advancement of graphic design. Posters allow ideas to be freely expressed through the rich mixture of graphics and texts, giving them the instantaneous power to move the viewers' hearts and create visual communications that go beyond nations and regions. Our hope is to create a better understanding of each other and to share international issues through the means of posters. Call for Works: 1 May – 31 July 2021, the theme is: Move.
Accepted Works: Works must be a poster in B1 size (width 728mm x height 1,030mm, portrait orientation only) produced between July 2020 and July 2021. The work must include the letters Theme “Move”. In addition to works produced for this award, school assignments, graduation projects and works submitted to other awards are also accepted.
Applicants must be current students enrolled in high school, technical college, specialized training college, university or graduate school as of 1 January 2021. Applicants of all nationalities and all ages are welcome to apply. Applications from teams are not accepted (individuals only).
Number of Application: The number of submissions per applicant is unlimited. When submitting a series, it should consist of 3 or fewer posters.
Application Fee: 1,000 Japanese Yen per poster.
The first and second rounds of judging will be conducted online, where Selected Works will be determined. The third round of judging will be held in person in front of printed posters, where the Grand Prix and other award-winning works will be determined. The jury is comprised of the following members.
The first round (JAGDA Student Grand Prix Committee)
• Koji Iyama (Japan) [Chairperson] (Japan)
• Koichi Kosugi (Japan)
• Takafumi Kusagaya (Japan)
• Chiharu Shimizu (Japan)
• Norito Shinmura (Japan)
The second and third round
• Taku Satoh (Japan) [Jury president]
• Jonathan Barnbrook (UK)
• Rika Eguchi (Japan)
• Na Kim (Korea / Germany)
• Kei Matsushita (Japan)
• Kashiwa Sato (Japan)
• Yong Wu (China)
1. Registration (Sat 01 May to Sat 31 July) Register your entry, upload the poster image, and complete the payment on the Award website.
2. Payment (Sat 1 May–Mon 2 Aug) Payment will not be accepted after the deadline.
3. First and Second round of judging August (online)
4. Announcement of selected works (Mon 06 Sep) The result will be announced on the Award website and email (to the selected applicants only).
5. Submission of selected actual posters (Tue 21 to Wed 24 Sep) Selected applicants will send actual posters and hi-res images (for catalogue) to the Secretariat.
6. Third round judging October (actual posters)
7. Announcement of Awards (Mon 11 Oct) The result will be announced on the Award website and email (to the winners only).
8. Exhibition (Wed 23 Nov–Mon 06 Dec) The National Art Center, Tokyo
9. Catalogue (Wed 24 Nov) A catalog of awarded and selected works will be published.
The following awards will be presented upon agreement among the jury members.
• Grand Prix: 1 work (certificate, commemorative gift)
• Gold: 2 works (certificate, commemorative gift)
• Silver: 5 works (certificate, commemorative gift)
• Bronze: 10 works (certificate, commemorative gift)
• Jury Prize: 7 works (certificate)
Selected: Approximately 200 works
The Grand Prix and Gold recipients will be invited to attend the Awards Ceremony to be held in November 2021 (round-trip transportation and accommodation fees will be provided to winners residing in distant locations). The Grand Prix and Gold winning works will be published in the annual book “Graphic Design in Japan 2022”. All Winning and Selected Works will be exhibited at the National Art Center, Tokyo and will be published in the official catalog.
Date: 24 November – 06 December 2021.
Venue: The National Art Center, Tokyo, Gallery 1C (Roppongi, Tokyo)
Exhibits: Award-winning and Selected works
Official Event website: https://jagda-gakusei.jp/en/
Organiser’s website: https://www.jagda.or.jp/
Past award-winning works: https://www.jagda.or.jp/en/awards/student/
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/jagda.sns
Twitter page: https://twitter.com/JAGDA_JISPA
Instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/jagda_jispa/