JAGDA international student poster award 2022
From 01.05.2022 to 31.05.2022 CompetitionJapan
ICoD is pleased to announce the Member Event JAGDA International Student Poster Award 2022 organised by Japan Graphic Design Association Inc. (JAGDA). The 2022 theme is “Voice”, submissions are open from 01 May to 31 July 2022
The JAGDA International Student Poster Award is a B1 size poster competition, aimed to discover and acknowledge outstanding young talents from across the world and to promote the further advancement of graphic design. Posters allow ideas to be freely expressed through the rich mixture of graphics and texts, giving them the instantaneous power to move the viewers' hearts and create visual communications that go beyond nations and regions. Our hope is to create a better understanding of each other and to share international issues through the means of posters. Call for Works: 1 May – 31 July 2022
Works must be a poster in B1 size (width 728mm x height 1,030mm, portrait orientation only) produced between August 2021 and July 2022. The work must include the word Theme “Voice”. In addition to works produced for this award, school assignments, graduation projects and works submitted to other awards are also accepted. Theme: Voice
- Submissions: 01 May 2022 - 31 July 2022
- Announcement of Finalists 11 October 2022
- Award Ceremony 03 December 2022
- Exhibition: 30 November – 12 December 2022
Applicants must be current students enrolled in high school, technical college, specialized training college, university or graduate school as of 1 January 2022. Applicants of all nationalities and all ages are welcome to apply. Applications from teams are not accepted (individuals only).
NUMBER OF APPLICATION
The number of submissions per applicant is unlimited. When submitting a series, it should consist of 3 or less posters.
1,000 Japanese Yen per poster.
- Registration from Sun 1 May until Sun 31 July. Register your entry, upload the poster image, and complete the payment on the Award website.
- Payment from Sun 1 May until Mon 1 Aug. Payment will not be accepted after the deadline.
- First and Second round judging: August (online)
- Announcement of selected works (Mon 5 Sep) The result will be announced on the Award website and email (to the selected applicants only).
- Submission of selected actual posters (Wed 21–Thu 22 Sep) Selected applicants will send actual posters and hi-res images (for catalogue) to the Secretariat.
- Third round judging: October (actual posters)
- Announcement of Awards (Tue 11 Oct) The result will be announced on the Award website and email (to the winners only).
- Exhibition (Wed 30 Nov–Mon 12 Dec) The National Art Center, Tokyo
- Catalogue (Wed 30 Nov) A catalogue of awarded and selected works will be published.
The first and second round of judging will be conducted online, where Selected Works will be determined. The third round of judging will be held in person in front of printed posters, where the Grand Prix and other award-winning works will be determined. The jury is comprised of the following members.
The first round (JAGDA Student Grand Prix Committee)
- Koji Iyama (Japan) [Chairperson] (Japan)
- Koichi Kosugi (Japan)
- Takafumi Kusagaya (Japan)
- Chiharu Shimizu (Japan)
- Norito Shinmura (Japan)
The second and third round
- Taku Satoh (Japan) [Jury president]
- Philippe Apeloig (France)
- Aki Kanai (Japan)
- Aaron Nieh (Taiwan)
- Ryosuke Uehara (Japan)
- Ping Wu (China)
- Michihiko Yanai (Japan)
The following awards will be presented upon agreement among the jury members.
- Grand Prix: 1 work (certificate, commemorative gift)
- Gold: 2 works (certificate, commemorative gift)
- Silver: 5 works (certificate, commemorative gift)
- Bronze: 10 works (certificate, commemorative gift)
- Jury Award: 7 works (certificate)
- Special Sponsorship Award: Approximately 15 works (certificate)
- Selected: Approximately 200 works
The Grand Prix and Gold recipients will be invited to attend the Awards Ceremony to be held in December 2022 (round-trip transportation and accommodation fees will be provided to winners residing in distant locations). The Grand Prix and Gold and Silver winning works will be published in the annual book “Graphic Design in Japan 2023”. All Winning and Selected Works will be exhibited at the National Art Center, Tokyo and will be published in the official catalog.
- Date: 30 November – 12 December 2022
- Venue: The National Art Center, Tokyo, Gallery 1C (Roppongi, Tokyo)
- Exhibits: Award winning and Selected works