taiwan international student design competition (TISDC) 2020
From 27.04.2020 to 20.07.2020 CompetitionTaiwan (Chinese Taipei)
ICoD is pleased to announce the Member Event Taiwan International Student Design Competition (TISDC) 2020 themed "Action", organised by Asia University.
Taiwan International Student Design Competition (TISDC) has marked its 13th year. Organised by Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education, and executed by Department of Visual Communication Design, Asia University.
The Competition has become one of the most significant design contests for students around the world. The theme of the year is "Action." Any creative design that expresses the theme of the competition, “Action,” and uses design to pursue the universal values of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) of the United Nations could participate in this year's competition.
Students who are currently enrolled at senior high schools or in higher education programme (based on the deadline for online registration, participants must be born after April 28, 1990, and younger than 30 years of age. For female participants who have given birth before 30 years of age, are entitled to a 2-year extension per birth.) are eligible. No registration fee is required. The online registration and work submissions will start from 01 May 2020 to 20 July 2020.
Features of 2020 Taiwan International Student Design Competition:
- Total Prize Money is up to US$150,000
- The Largest Student Design Competition in the World
- International Design Associations Endorsed Special Awards
Product Design, Visual Design, Digital Animation
- Product Design, Visual Design, and Digital Animation Categories
- Grand Prix (1 winner): NT$400,000 (approx. US$13,000), an awarding cup and a certificateGold Prize (1 winner for each category): NT$250,000 (approx. US$8,000), an awarding cup and a certificate
- Silver Prize (1 winner for each category): NT$150,000 (approx. US$5,000), an awarding cup and a certificate
- Bronze Prize (3 winners for each category): NT$60,000 (approx. US$2,000), an awarding cup and a certificate
- Honorable Mention (several winners for each category): NT$10,000 (approx. US$330) and a certificate
- International Design Association Special Prize (at least 15 winners for this prize): NT$100,000 (approx. US$3,300), an awarding cup and a certificate
* The jurors delegated by international design associations will select works that meet the evaluation criteria of each international design association among the shortlisted entries in the Product Design, Visual Design, and Digital Animation categories to win this prize.
- Brand Specified Special Prize: Environmental Sustainability Award (1 winner for this prize) (Sponsored by TPCA Environment Foundation) NT$100,000 (approx. US$3,300), an awarding cup and a certificate
* The jury panel will select works “with significance for environmental sustainability” among the shortlisted entries in the Product Design category to win this award.
A.Preliminary Selection: The evaluation will be based on the digital files provided by the participants. The evaluation committee will select finalists for the final selection.
B.Final Selection: Finalists in Product Design category and Visual Design category will be judged according to the printouts submitted by the participants. In Digital Animation category, the nominated films will be evaluated according to the digital files.
The design works will be judged on their creativity, interpretation of the theme, expression of concept, and aesthetic approach. Domestic and international experts in different fields will be invited to organize the preliminary and final selection committees to process the evaluation.
A.Product Design Category
Creativity: 50%; Thematic: 30%; Design Presentation: 20%
B.Visual Design Category
Creativity: 50%; Thematic: 30%; Composition and Aesthetics: 20%
C.Digital Animation Category
Creativity: 50%; Aesthetics: 30%; Thematic: 20%
Submissions Open: 01 May 2020
Submissions Closed: 20 July 2020
Announcement of Finalists: 15 September 2020
Awards Ceremony: 24 November 2020
Taiwan International Student Design Competition (TISDC) 2020
Online registration & work submissions
EDMs & Portfolios
Official website: Asia University