Panellists Announced for Icograda Educational Platform Meeting
Registration continues for the inaugural Icograda Educational Member Platform Meeting, taking place 23-24 August in Hong Kong, hosted by HKDI. The meeting will include presentations, panel discussions and open forum discussions intended to develop the Council’s official International Design Education Agenda. That Agenda will determine allocation of the Council's focus and resources to develop programs and benefits to members.
All participants will be invited to take an active part in deliberations.
The list of panellists includes:
- Antoine Abi Aad, Acadmie Libanaise des Beux Arts, Beirut, Lebanon
- Essam Abu-Awad, Applied Science University, Jordan
- Re-nato Bertao, Universidade Positivo, Brazil
- Riitta Brusila, University of Lapland, Finland
- Marco Garrido, Universidad de Monterey, Mexico
- Ismail Cihangir Istek, Bilgi University, Istanbul, Turkey
- Kyle Hyunsuk Kim, Hongik University, Seoul, Korea
- Leslie Lu, Hong Kong Design Institute, Hong Kong
- Heidrun Mumper-Drumm, Art Center College of Design, Pasadena, United States
- Teal Triggs, Royal College of Art, London, United Kingdom
- Robin Turner and Kathryn Pope, Greenside Design Center College of Design, Johannesburg, South Africa
- Fan Wu, Central Academy of Fine Arts, Beijing, China
- Lawrence Zeegen, London College of Communications, London, United Kingdom
Educational Platform Meeting InformationThe Icograda Educational Platform Meeting will take place on 23-24 August in Hong Kong, hosted by HKDI.
Attendance at the meeting is free of charge for Icograda members. Participants are encouraged to register as soon as possible.
Participation in the event by non-members will be possible, space permitting. Interested non-Icograda members can contact Jovana Milovic at email@example.com for details.
About Icograda PlatformsAt the 25 General Assembly (November 2013, Montreal), Icograda established the Professional, Educational and Promotional member-category ‘Platforms’ with the aim of enhancing member involvement in Icograda projects and activities.
The Platform format will enable the development of tangible benefits for members; amongst which are the annual Platform Meetings. Icograda is currently conducting a series of focused member surveys to ascertain expectations, potential benefits, challenges and other issues of relevance. The results of these surveys are being utilized to determine the themes, scope and schedule for each Platform Meeting and to assist in defining and redefining Icograda policies and development.