open :output launches young designer job board with code of honour
Amsterdam (Netherlands) - open :output, a project of the :output Foundation, has launched a job board for junior designers and internships. The core idea is to establish fair working conditions for young designers - as set out in the ':output code of honour' - and give design studios access to the open :output community of young talents in design and architecture. The beta version is online now and covers at the moment mainly Germany (to be extended in a later stage).
The foundation is known for organising the :output award and publishing the year book of student works selected from that competition. Entries to the competition are also published though the open :output website, which hosts the newly created job board.
:output code of honour
Employers who post job on the open :output job board as well as applying students commit themselves to a code of honour regarding working conditions for internships.
- Internships are paid fairly with a minimum amount of 400 EUR/month.
- Interns should not be used to replace formerly paid job positions.
- The goal for an internship is to provide a professional learning experience. Interns therefore are integrated in a creative project team and are assigned working tasks connected to current projects according to their abilities and qualifications.
- Interns should get an insight into the different parts of the creative/professional process covering concept making, design and implementation.
- Interns are assigned a senior employee in the company as a mentor who reviews the learning process of the intern and provides feedback to the interns working performance.
- Students bring enthousiasm and motivation to their internship.
- Students are receptive to critique and integrate themselves in a team.
- Students take repsonsibility for their assigned working tasks and work as independent as possible.
For more information, please contact:
1011 TJ Amsterdam
T 0031-20-423 24 25
About the :output foundation
:output is a non-profit organisation in Amsterdam. The goal of the foundation is to support young talents and provide a platform for the exchange of ideas on design education and the design profession. We organise the :output Award, publish the yearbook :output with the best works of students around the world and organise the biannual design conference "What matters" in cooperation with OTIS college of design.