Winners of 2013 Design Achievement Awards Announced
New York (United States) - Adobe, in collaboration with Icograda, announced the winners of the 13 annual Adobe Design Achievement Awards (ADAA) at an awards ceremony held on 19 November 2013 in New York. The awards honour the most talented and promising student graphic designers, photographers, illustrators, animators, digital filmmakers, developers and computer artists from higher education institutions worldwide who have created individual or group projects with Adobe software.
The 2013 ADAA received 3752 submissions this year from more than 50 countries. For the fifth consecutive year, Adobe collaborated with Icograda to attract submissions from the Icograda Education Network, and select an international panel of design experts to judge the prestigious awards.
The awards ceremony was hosted at the Affinia Hotel in New York. The ADAA Finalists were invited to attend the Create Now event and toured New York Design studios.
- Willy Wong, Chief Creative Officer at NYC & Company
- Richard Doust, Senior Tutor, Royal College of Art
- Hsien-yin Ingrid Chou, Associate Creative Director at MoMA
- Matias Corea, Co-founder and Chief of Design at Behance
- Bryan Berger, Lead UI Designer/Developer, IAC
- Diego Marini, Creative Director, Skew-eyed
- David Field, Caterpillar films
- Sean Teegarden, Photographer
- Game Design: Sanghee Chu, Hongik University, Korea
- Information Design: Yael Cohen, Shenkar College of Engineering and Design, Israel
- Installation Design: Marc Nonnenmacher, Fachhochschule Würzburg-Schweinfurt, Germany
- Digital Publishing: Katarina Batina, University of Washington, United States
- Animation: Simon Wilches-Castro, University of Southern California, United States
- Motion Graphics: Dani Wolf, Bezalel Academy of Art and Design, Israel
- Editing and Post Production: Alexander Heringer, Stuttgart Media University, Germany
- Illustration: Min Gyo Chung, OCAD University, Canada
- Packaging: Vivi Feng, Pratt Institute, United States
- Photography: Brian Biles, Savannah College of Art and Design, United States
- Print Communications: Benjamin Lee, Art Center College of Design, United States?
Grand Prize Award
- Interactive Media Segment: Yael Cohen, Shenkar College of Engineering and Design, Israel
- Video and Motion Media Segment: Simon Wilches-Castro, University of Southern California, United States
- Traditional Media Segment: Min Gyo Chung, OCAD University, Canada
Winning and finalist projects can be viewed at the ADAA Gallery, along with those from previous years.
2013 Judging Panel
The international panel of judges consisted of:
- Harry Pearce, Partner, Pentagram | UK
- Lilit Hayrapetyan, Art director/designer/3d artist, Psyop | USA
- Matias Corea, Co-founder and Chief of Design at Behance | USA
- Mikael Kanfi, Partner and Chief Product Officer, Twist Image | Canada
- Peter Højer, Head of Deign, DR Design | Denmark
- Phoebe Glasfurd, Creative Director and Co-founder, Glasfurd&Walker | Canada
- Mike Kus, Graphic Designer, Illustrator, Web & UI Designer | UK
- Hsien-yin Ingrid Chou, Associate Creative Director, MoMA | USA
Individual winners and leaders of groups received a cash prize, Creative Cloud memberships, winner's certificate and trophy, round-trip airfare to New York, and lodging during the 2013 Create now event.
Student individual winners and leaders of groups are appointed to the Icograda Youth Advisory Panel and receive a one-year mentorship with a design leader from the Icograda network.
Find out more at: adaa.adobe.com
For inquiries, contact:
About Adobe Systems Incorporated
Adobe is changing the world through digital experiences.
Icograda is the world body for professional communication design. Founded in 1963, Icograda promotes communication designers' vital role in society and commerce.